The New Balance Girls on the Run 5k, presented by St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, is the culmination of Girls on the Run's 10-week season. More than 800 girls ages 8-14, will celebrate their "girl power" by running 3.1 miles with their coaches, families, friends, teachers and community members. This event is open to anyone who wants to run, walk, or skip to the finish line!
The New Balance Girls on the Run 5k series, with more than 200 events across the United States and Canada, is the largest youth focused 5k series in the world. It is a non-competitive, celebration 5k, and times will not be recorded nor will results be posted. All finishers will receive a medal. Everyone who crosses the finish line is a winner!
Packet Pick Up & Registration Friday, November 18th from 10:00am - 7:00pm Ellen Thompson Women's Health Center, located in the “Specialty Centers” of St. Joseph Mercy Hospital 5320 Elliott Dr. Ypsilanti, MI 48197 Come on Friday to avoid the lines Sunday morning!
New Balance Girls on the Run 5k and Expo Sunday, November 20th from 9:45am – 12:00pm Eastern Michigan University Rynearson Stadium 799 N. Hewitt Ypsilanti, MI 48917 *Tentative new and wider course*
- Packet Pick Up & Registration Friday, November 18th 10:00am - 7:00pm
- New Balance Girls on the Run 5k and Expo
- Sunday, November 20th 8:30am - 9:30am Event day registration and packet pick up *Bounce house and photo booth will be open
- 9:30am Participants meet coaches at team signs to warm up and stretch
- 9:45am Opening ceremony
- 10:00am 5k event starts!
- 10:00am - 12:00pm Celebration and Expo in Convocation Center *Includes music, concessions, bounce house, photo booth, face painting, happy hair station, other family-fun activities and interactive sponsor booths!
Individuals $25 if registered on or before Wednesday, November 16th
$30 on Friday, November 18th and Sunday, November 20th
*You do not need to complete an additional registration form or submit an additional payment for your daughter as long as she is participating in the current Girls on the Run season.
How to Register
All proceeds from this event benefit Girls on the Run of Southeastern Michigan.