Free Flight Butterflies & Junie B. Jones at The Toledo Zoo
The Toledo Zoo will be celebrating Flight in 2014. The first part of the celebration is a Free-Flight Butterfly exhibit which runs from today through March 2, 2014.
The Free-Flight Butterfly exhibit will be in the Great Hall at the Museum of Science. The exhibit includes 6 species of butterflies that will fly around you in the free-flight exhibit. It is free with your zoo admission. You can save on zoo admission in January and February (through February 26) with a 50% off admission coupon. The coupon can be found on the Zoo’s Admission Ticket page.
A great time to visit the Free-Flight Butterfly Exhibit is Saturday, February 8 when they zoo will have a live musical production of Junie B. Jones based on the Junie B. Jones series of book. The performances are at 2p and 4p in the Toledo Zoo’s Indoor Theatre. Tickets for the performances are $17 for Toledo Zoo members and $18 for non-members.
The Celebration of Flight will continue in 2014 with:
- opening March 8 – Flying Reptiles in the Reptile House
- March 8-9 Science of Flight Shows
- April 5-6 – Soar & Explore weekend including Science of Flight Shows
- Opening May 23 – Penguin Beach Opens near the aquarium – watch them fly through the water
- Opening May 23 Avian Supermodels
- Opening May 23 Finch Feeding
We have been to the zoo many times in the winter months. There are plenty of indoor areas to visit at the zoo to stay warm.