Ann Arbor Parks Swim Lessons
In the past, my daughter has done swimming lessons through Ann Arbor Parks. She has done summer outdoor lessons at Veterans Park and indoor lessons at other times through Mack Pool.
In 2009 and 2010 my daughter did group lessons at Veterans Park. Her first session ended up being only her and one other child and for the first class he refused to get in the water, so she had a private class. He did get in the water after that, but there were still only two attendees.
In 2011, with vacations and camps, our schedule did not work with any of the group lessons. We did private lessons at Veterans Park. Private lessons cost $18/half-hour as non-residents or $15/half-hour as residents. Private lessons through Ann Arbor Parks cost us about the same as group lessons somewhere else would have. The private lessons actually worked very well for us since they could focus on exactly what she needed help with (putting her face in the water). They were also very accommodating about rescheduling her lessons when she had pneumonia.
|from Ann Arbor Parks Facebook Page|
Veterans Park offers the following lesson schedule:
- Session 2: Monday and Wednesday July 7-30 Times depend on level: Classes start from 8:50a to 11:30a
- Session 3: Tuesdays and Thursdays July 8-31 Times depend on level: Classes start from 8:50a to 11:30a
- Session 4: Monday through Thursday August 4-14: Times depend on level: Classes start from 8:50a to 11:30a
Buhr Park offers the following schedule:
- Session 2: Monday and Wednesday June 30-July 23 Times depend on level: Classes start from 8:50a to 11:30a
- Session 3: Tuesdays and Thursdays July 1-24 Times depend on level: Classes start from 8:50a to 11:30a
Fuller Park offers the following schedule:
- Session 2: July 28-August 7: Monday-Thursday July 28-August 7 Times depend on level: Classes start from 9a to 11:55a
Classes from Parent/Child through Level 3 are 30 minutes and costs $45/resident or $55/non-resident. Level four and five are 45 minute classes and cost $55/resident or $70 non-resident.
Information on swim lessons, swimming times, and more summer activities can be found in the Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation Spring and Summer Activities Guide. Registration is available online.
Latest posts by a2withkids (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Picks September 22-24, 2017 – September 22, 2017
- Rotary Club’s Centennial Playground at Gallup Park – Tuesday Playground Profile – September 15, 2017
- Halloween Costume Swap at Ann Arbor District Library – September 9, 2017