Regular Storytimes and Youth/Teen Events at Ypsilanti District Library this Summer
The Ypsilanti District Library is a busy place this summer. In addition to their summer reading program, “Feed Your Mind” and associated weekly and special events, they maintain a regular schedule of Story Times, Youth, and Teen Events.
Storytimes are currently on hiatus between the spring and summer sessions. The Summer session will being on Monday, June 16 and run through Saturday, August 16. They hold the following Storytimes:
- Mondays, 10:30a – Baby Storytime (Infants-18 mos) – Whittaker Branch
- Mondays, 10:30a – Downtown Storytime (Ages 3-5) – Michigan Branch
- Tuesdays, 10:30a – Superior Storytime (Ages 2-5) – Superior Branch
- Tuesdays, 10:30a – Toddler Storytime (Ages 18 mo-3 years) – Whittaker Branch
- Wednesdays, 10:30a – Toddler Storytime (Ages 18 mo-3 years) – Whittaker Branch
- Wednesdays, 1:30p – Pre-School Storytime (Ages 3-5) – Whittaker Branch
- Thursdays, 10:30a – Pre-School Storytime (Ages 3-5) – Whittaker Branch
- Saturdays, 10:30a – Family Storytime (Ages 2-5) – Whittaker Branch
For Youth, they will continue their Tuesday night LEGO Night at the Whittaker Branch from 6-8p.
Kids can practice their writing skills with the 826michigan Drop-In Writing Workshop on Tuesdays at the Michigan Branch and Wednesdays at the Whittaker Branch from 5:30-6:30p from July 1 through August 6.
Wednesdays are Wii Wednesdays at the Superior Branch. From 5-6:30p Youth can come play Wii games like Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and More.
Kids (5-11) can practice their reading skills by reading to a teen sidekick (12-18) with Reading Sidekicks on Tuesdays from 2-3p beginning June 24 and running through August 12. The event is a the Whittaker Branch. One of my daughter’s favorite activities at school has always been reading buddies with one of the older classes. This year, as a 2nd grader she actually gets to do both sides of the reading buddies since her class is partnered with both an older class and a Kindergarten class at different times.
Tweens and Teens can join the Amigurumi Club on Mondays from 11:30a-1p at the Whittaker Branch. Amigurumi are crocheted small animals. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you can have fun crafting with other tweens and teens (ages 10-18). The Amigurumi Club runs from June 23 through August 11.
Other weekly teen events include:
- Mondays at 6:30p – Creativity Lab at Michigan Branch (June 30-August 4)
- Mondays at 5:30p – 826michigan (June 30-August 4)
- Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30p – Chess Club
Latest posts by a2withkids (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Picks September 22-24, 2017 – September 22, 2017
- Rotary Club’s Centennial Playground at Gallup Park – Tuesday Playground Profile – September 15, 2017
- Halloween Costume Swap at Ann Arbor District Library – September 9, 2017