Ypsilanti Heritage Festival Highlights the Weekend Roundup
This weekend’s events are highlighted by the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival, but there are still other great events around town.
The Ypsilanti Heritage Festival started at noon today and continues through 6p on Sunday. Saturday’s festival kicks off with the parade at 10a while Sunday’s events conclude with the Duck Race at 5p. In between there is lots of entertainment, crafts, and more fun activities. We definitely recommend visiting the Festival.
The Leslie Science & Nature Center has a busy weekend planned with Saturday morning’s Scavenger Hunt followed by Super Snakes in the afternoon and concluding with a Raptor Feeding. The Critter House is open on Sunday afternoon.
If you are looking for a preschool for this fall, I definitely recommend Stone School Cooperative Nursery. They are having an Open House on Saturday morning.
Performance Network Theatre is kicking off their new season this weekend. The weekend activities include Pancakes with the Pig on Sunday morning. Story times on Saturday include Pete the Cat Storytime at Barnes & Noble Ann Arbor and Saturday Story Time with Humane Society of Huron Valley at Nicola’s Books.
Also, the Downtown Branch of Ann Arbor District Library continues to be closed so a number of events scheduled for the Downtown Branch have been cancelled. I have removed events from the calendar that were previously scheduled for the Downtown Library.
What activities are you looking forward to this weekend?
Friday, August 15
- noon-8:30p Ypsilanti Heritage Festival at Riverside Park
Saturday, August 16
- 9-11a Scavenger Hunt at Leslie Science & Nature Center
- 10a Ypsilanti Heritage Festival Parade at Riverside Park
- 10a-8:30p Ypsilanti Heritage Festival at Riverside Park
- 10a-4p PNC Mobile Learning Adventure at AAHOM
- 10a-noon Open House at Stone School Cooperative Nursery
- 11a Saturday Story Time with Humane Society of Huron Valley at Nicola’s Books
- 11a Pete the Cat Storytime at Barnes & Noble Ann Arbor
- 1-3p Super Snakes at Leslie Science & Nature Center
- 3-4p Raptor Feeding at Leslie Science & Nature Center
- 2p Family Campout at Rolling Hills Park
- 2-4p Summer Splash Day at Fuller Park
- 6p Arrows Away at Waterloo Recreation Area – Portage Lake Day Use Beach
- 8-9p Bats in the Night Sky at Hudson Mills Metropark
Sunday, August 17
- 8a Pancakes with the Pig at Performance Network Theatre
- 9:30a Pancakes with the Pig at Performance Network Theatre
- 11a-6p Ypsilanti Heritage Festival at Riverside Park
- noon-4p PNC Mobile Learning Adventure at AAHOM
- noon-3p Critter House Open Hours at Leslie Science & Nature Center
- 1-4p Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social at Weber Blaess Schoolhouse in Saline