Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls
I love fall flavors…apples, stuffing, etc. As I was pondering how to best use all of the apples that my family picked at Wasem Fruit Farm, I decided to make Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls.
About 10 years I started to make an apple stuffing variation using cider and apples in my boxed stuffing mix. Last year I found a recipe on Pinterest for Spinach Parmesan Stuffing balls. I made them for Christmas and loved them. I was inspired to combine these recipes to create a version that includes protein to make them more of a meal option. I decided on chicken although you could also use nuts, pork, or turkey.
These are wonderful! They are the perfect combination of stuffing, apples, and chicken. I am seriously addicted! The best part, is that they can easily transition from a party appetizer, to a hearty snack, or even a main course just by altering the size that you make (smaller for a party appetizer, larger for a main course). I will definitely be making these again.
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 T cinnamon chipotle spice blend
- 8 oz dry stuffing mix
- 1 2/3 c apple cider, hot
- 2 small apples
- 2 T butter
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place chicken breast in baking dish and coat with spice blend
- Bake 20 minutes or until cooked throughout. Allow to cool
- Peel and mince apples and shred or mince chicken breast
- In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, apples, chicken, and butter. Allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Add eggs and stir to mix well
- Form into balls of desired size (1" for appetizers, 2" for lunches) and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes based on the size of the balls until they are golden on the outside.
- You can start with leftover chicken, omit the spice blend and skip from step 1 to step 4.
- If cider isn't in season, you can substitute apple juice.
More Fall Recipes from Michigan Bloggers
Metro Detroit Mommy: Individual Pumpkin Cheese Cakes (sugar free & gluten-free)
Metro Detroit Mommy: Chocolate Apple Pops
Metro Detroit Mommy: Fun Thanksgiving Turkeys
Mom Among Chaos: Easy Apple Crisp
Mom Among Chaos: Turkey Leftover Recipes
Ann Arbor with Kids: Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls
Wagon Pilot Dad: Super Easy Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread
Wagon Pilot Dad: Quick and Easy Hearty Fall Chili Recipe
Wagon Pilot Dad: Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Recipe
Redesigning Happiness: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Vickie’s Kitchen and Garden: Country Fried Apples
Vickie’s Kitchen and Garden: Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Picks January 19-21 – January 19, 2018
- Arbor Annie’s MLK Weekend Picks January 12-15 – January 12, 2018
- North American International Auto Show Rolls into Town – Enter to Win Tickets – January 5, 2018