Halloween Spooktacular at Why Not Wednesday
Disclaimer: Arbor Hills Shopping Center has sponsored this post. All opinions are my own.
October’s Why Not Wednesday? event at Arbor Hills Shopping Center will be held on Wednesday, October 21st from 6-8p. Why Not Wednesday? is an event for all ages that inlcudes live music, demonstrations, special offers, gift-card drawings and other activities. This is the last Why Not Wednesday? of 2015.
Halloween Activities at Why Not Wednesday?
The Why Not Wednesday? Halloween Spooktacular has a number of great Halloween events throughout the night. Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes to the Halloween Spooktacular. There will be Trick or Treating through the shopping center and a Fun Photo Booth, so make sure your costumes are ready early. Be sure to stop by the Face Painting station to enhance your costume (or make up for not having a costume).
The Ann Arbor Police Department will be on hand to share tips for Halloween Safety. There will also be a Pumpkin Carving Demonstration with a chance to win a professionally carved pumpkin.
Entertainment at Why Not Wednesday?
Why Not Wednesday? will feature musical performances by Danny Runey and The Violin Monster. There will also be Tarot Card readings.
Crafts at Why Not Wednesday?
There will be several crafts for the kids at various stores in Arbor Hills. If the kids forgot their costume, make My Urban Toddler your first stop. They will have a “Make & Take” mask craft so your kids can get into the Halloween spirit. Lululemon will have a surprise Halloween activities for kids. Paper Source will also have Make & Take Halloween Crafts for “kids” of all ages.
Food & Drink at Why Not Wednesday
There are plenty of food options at Why Not Wednesday? Halloween Spooktacular. Sur La Table will have tastings of pumpkin treats and apple cider. Mighty Good Coffee will have Hot Spiced Cider and $1 off any espresso drink. They will also have a costume contest where you can win a $10 MGC gift card.
If you’re looking for a full meal, Zola Bistro is a great option since they accept reservations via Open Table. For the Halloween Spooktacular, they will have a “Chupacabra” drink special for the adults – muddled cucumber, Herradura tequila, fresh lime and a splash of jalepeno cilantro simple syrup. We also really enjoy Bigalora which I reviewed last November.
Deals and Offers at Why Not Wednesday?
A number of the stores at Arbor Hills have deals available during Why Not Wednesday?
- Arhaus: Up to 40% off dining furniture, 25% off select lighting & accessories, 20% Ravenna Collection dinnerware.
- Brooks Brothers: $25 off $100 or more.
- Evereve: Personalized Denim Fitting – the team will help you select the perfect denim for your body type!
- J.Jill: Sneak Peek at the November Collection
- Madewell: Blue Jeans Go Green – donate a pair of old jeans (to be repurposed as housing insulation) and receive a $20 certificate for a new pair.
- Running Fit: End of season clearance. Save up to 75% on select seasonal apparel. Select shoes starting at $49.95.
- Dear Prudence: A New store will have treats for the kids and a free gift and special offer for moms.
About Arbor Hills
Arbor Hills is located on Washtenaw Avenue at the south east corner of the intersection with Platt Rd. It first opened in late 2013. The shopping center hosts a variety of locally owned stores and national brands with a mix of dining, services, and retail categories. Follow Arbor Hills on Facebook (ShopArborHills) and Twitter (@ShopArborHills).
Latest posts by a2withkids (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Picks September 22-24, 2017 – September 22, 2017
- Rotary Club’s Centennial Playground at Gallup Park – Tuesday Playground Profile – September 15, 2017
- Halloween Costume Swap at Ann Arbor District Library – September 9, 2017