First Steps Kid Fest Concert
Disclaimer: First Steps Ann Arbor has sponsored this post. All opinions are my own.
First Steps-Ann Arbor will be holding their Third Annual Kids Fest on Saturday, March 11. Kids Fest is from 4-5p. Due to the continued power outages this event has moved to Towsley Auditorium in the Morris Lawrence Building on the Washtenaw Community College Campus. Kids Fest features a concert by local musician Joe Reilly.
First Steps is Ann Arbor Rec & Ed’s premiere program for young families. First Steps Kids Fest is an annual event benefitting the First Steps-Ann Arbor PTO.
Attending First Steps Kid Fest
First Steps Kid Fest
The Kid Fest concert with Joe Reilly begins at 4p. Doors open at 3:30p. Plan to arrive early to purchase snacks, enter the drawings, and bid on silent auction items. Kids will enjoy singing-a-long, dancing, and listening to the concert.
First Steps Kid Fest Tickets
Tickets for First Steps Kid Fest can be purchased online in advance or at the door. Online tickets are $10/Adult and $5/Child. Large families can purchase a $35/Family ticket. At the door tickets are $12/child and $8/adult. The family ticket is not available at the door.
First Steps Kid Fest Location
First Steps Kid Fest is being held at Towsley Auditorium in the Morris Lawrence Building on the Washtenaw Community College Campus (4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor). The event was originally scheduled for Forsythe Middle School, but was moved because of the continuing power outages.
First Steps Kid Fest Silent Auction & Drawings
There will be a Silent Auction and drawings at Kid Fest. The silent auction items are:
- 1 week of summer camp at WideWorld Sports Center;
- $100 Gift Certificate to Oz Music;
- 1 massage at Body Conscious;
- 3-30 min massages at Relax Station;
- 1-60 min massage at Relax Station;
- 1 massage at Hand & Stone Massage or Facial.
Items in the Drawing include:
- Kidopolis – 2 Day Pass Certificates;
- Kidopolis – 40% off birthday party Certificate;
- 3 Ron’s Garage Oil Change Certificates;
- Chelsea Tree House Certificate;
- Arbor Farms $25 Certificate;
- 2 Michigan Theater Certificates;
- Leslie Science Center Certificate;
- Stuffed Penguin and $15 Gift Certificate – (Learning Express).
Additionally, a number of specific items of clothing, stuffed animals, books, etc will be part of the drawing. Drawing tickets are 4/$5. Place each ticket to enter the drawing for the item of your choice.
About Kid Fest
Kid Fest is the brain child of the First Steps PTO. The First Steps PTO is a group of dedicated parents, educators, and community members who work together to ensure First Steps reaches as many children and families as possible.
The annual benefit concert is a time when families can come together to enjoy a fun-filled afternoon of music and dancing while supporting the invaluable services First Steps provides to our local community.
All of the proceeds will directly support First Steps’ programs.
First Steps Kid Fest Sponsors
First Steps Kid Fest would not be possible without their event sponsors. I love how First Steps has themed the sponsorship levels to kids items.
- Gold “Circle Time” sponsors:
- Silver Tricycle Sponsors:
- Bronze Storybook Sponsors:
- AAPS Community Education
- AA PTO Thrift Shop
- Ann Arbor with Kids (that’s us!)
- Big George’s Home Appliance
- Community Day Care
- Delux Drapery
- Gretchen’s House Day Care Centers
- New Roof
- Steve Steeb Service
- Wooden Block Sponsors
- Beth Chapman, MSW
- Hopper’s Houses
- Jean Wedemyer/Team Jean
- Rudolf Steiner Preschool
- Usborne Books – Staci Haarer
- zoey + joey
- Teddy Bear Sponsors
- Kidman Agency
- Morgan & York
- Thrive Marital Arts & Fitness.
- Drawing Item Contributors
- Arbor Farms
- Body Conscious Massage
- Chelsea Tree House
- Five Monkey’s Bakery
- Hand & Stone
- Learning Express
- Leslie Science & Nature Center
- Michigan Theater
- Relax Station
- Ron’s Garage
What is First Steps?
First Steps-Ann Arbor is a division of Community Education & Recreation and part of the Ann Arbor Public Schools. They provide a high quality, affordable program for families with young children.
Their mission is to provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
First Steps offers weekly classes for children with a parent/caregiver. Their classes are overseen by a staff of parent educators and highly trained teachers. First Steps also holds fun family events. The program also includes parental educational presentations. Additionally, First Steps offer developmental screenings. Participating parents receive a bi-monthly newsletter.
If you and your child enjoy music, movement, art, math, science, singing and playing in a social setting with other families, find out more about the First Steps program here: http://www.aareced.com/firststeps.home/home
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Back to School Hair Tips | Ask an Ann Arbor Expert – August 16, 2017
- South Maple Park – Tuesday Playground Profile – August 15, 2017
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature Review – August 14, 2017