JFS Kids Care Fair Teaches Community Service to Kids
Disclaimer: JFS has sponsored this post to promote their Kids Care Fair. All opinions are my own.
The third annual Kids Care Fair held by Jewish Family Services (JFS) is on Sunday, March 26. This year the fair is at Temple Beth Emeth.
What is JFS Kids CareFair?
The JFS Kids Care Fair is an interactive family service-learning event! The Kids Care Fair engages and energizes youth to service. The fair shows the importance and joy of service and giving back. The hands-on activities at the event are designed for children ages 2 to 10 and their families. Youth from local organizations plan and facilitate some activities. All ticket proceeds directly benefit JFS family programs including their food pantry and refugee resettlement.
The JFS Kids Care Fair is an interactive family service-learning opportunity. Activities at Kids Care Fair will include:
- Cultural Sensitivity and Disability Awareness Activities
- Letter Writing activities
- welcome refugees
- elected officials
- express gratitude
- Book Nook
- Empowering Kids’ Voices
- Emergency Preparedness
- Activities focused on hunger prevention and food insecurity
- Kindness cards for older adults and homeless children and families
- Healthy cooking demonstration by Amanda’s Kitchen
- “Healthy Hands” activity
- Meet the Officer and Squad Car Tour
- Educational Bluejay (yes, a real bluejay)
- Meaningful arts and crafts
- Snacks and light refreshments
- Performance by Wild Swan Theater
My daughter’s class had the opportunity to participate in a Disability Awareness Workshop last year. They really enjoyed some of their experiences.
JFS Kids Care Fair Partners
For the 2017 Kids Care Fair, activity partners include:
- Alpha House
- Amanda’s Kitchen
- American Red Cross
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Ann Arbor Police Department
- Beth Israel Congregation Youth Group
- Bird Center of Washtenaw County
- Hebrew Day School
- JFS of Washtenaw County
- Judson Center
- SafeHouse Center
- Temple Beth Emeth Youth Group
- United Way of Washtenaw County
- Wild Swan Theater
- 826 Michigan
I love that the Kids Care Fair includes youth service in running the event. Some of the activities are planned and operated by youth from local organizations. Participating organizations include:
- Youth Group from Beth Israel Congregation
- Youth Group from Temple Beth Emeth
- students in the Hebrew Day School
JFS Kids Care Fair Tickets
JFS wants to ensure that all families can attend the JFS Kids Care Fair. So, tickets are available by donation on a sliding scale.
There are three tickets types:
- Family Ticket – $25
- Host Family Ticket – $50 – includes a custom JFS bracelet. This ticket allows another family to attend at no charge.
- Pay What You Can Ticket – make a lower donation so the cost of attendance is not a burden.
All proceeds from Kids Care Fair ticket sales benefit JFS programs. One of these programs is the JFS Specialty Food Pantry that serves all Washtenaw County residents in need. Another program that receives benefits is the refugee resettlement services offered by JFS.
For more information, visit www.jfsannarbor.org/kids-care-fair. Tickets are available for purchase on this website.