Wind Storm Aftermath – Outages/Closures/More
There are still lots of people without power in the Ann Arbor area. I am trying to piece together what areas have power and what areas do not.
The DTE Energy Map has been very slow to load or not loading a complete outage overlay. This screenshot was taken at 10:12am on Thursday, March 9. It still shows extensive outages in the area.
I just checked the updated DTE status (listed as a 10:07a update). I have finally started to see some improvements, although the bulk of the outages continue.
School Closures (Friday)
- Ann Arbor Public Schools – The following schools are closed all day, including after-school activities
- Haisley (including First Steps classes)
- Lincoln Consolidated Schools – All Closed
- Ypsilanti Community Schools – The following schools are closed:
- Erickson Elementary Schools
- Perry Early Learning Center
I have seen confirmation that the following locations are open with power:
- All Ann Arbor District Library Locations
- All Ypsilanti District Library Locations
- Saline Rec Center
- Briarwood Mall
- Jungle Java Canton
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Mack Pool
- Veterans Ice Rink
- Buhr Park Ice Rink
- Meri Lou Murray Recreation Center
- Zap Zone (opens at 1p on Fridays)
- Quality 16
I checked through the events listed on the event calendar for today. Most of the locations are on the confirmed open list. Others have no cancellations announced.
Aside from the schools I have not seen any businesses announcing that they are closed. On Wednesday the Carpenter Rd Target and Meijer were running on backup generators. I don’t know what their power status is. I heard that Busch’s on Main St/Ann Arbor-Saline Rd was closed yesterday along with other businesses in that shopping center.
Some businesses, particularly restaurants and grocery stores may have lost food inventory due to power outages. They may still be closed or operating with limited options even after power resumes
Do you know of places that are closed? Add them to the comments, send them via Facebook or Twitter, or send them by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).