The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature Review
The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature opened in theaters on Friday, August 11. My daughter (age 11.5) saw the film at a birthday party on Sunday afternoon, and is sharing her thoughts. Note – I did not see the movie with her, so all thoughts are hers.
About The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature
Surly Squirrel (Will Arnett) and the gang are back. We are once again in Oakton where the evil mayor has decided to bulldoze Liberty Park and build a dangerous amusement park in its place. Surly and his ragtag group of animal friends band together to save their home, defeat the mayor, and take back the park.
Check out the trailer before heading to the theater:
Review of The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
When asked to review The Nut Job 2, my daughter said.
“I liked The Nut Job 2 better than the first movie, although it’s been a long time since I saw it. I found this one more interesting. It was funny and had a good amount of action.”
Q&A about The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
Since I knew she would likely have a very short review to share, I was prepared with a few questions to get more details. I have reworded some of her responses for readability.
Do you have to see The Nut Job first?
It helps to have seen the first movie because they expect you to know most of the characters already.
Disclosure: Ann Arbor with Kids is compensated for sales through Amazon links. Thank you for supporting the site by shopping through our links.
Are there any parts that might be scary for younger kids?
There are a few explosions. For a little while everybody thinks one of the characters is dead or is going to die.
What age do you recommend the movie for?
My daughter recommended age 4 and up – so they’ll sit through the movie. She said it would be fine for younger kids at home – or if they will sit through it.
What was your favorite scene?
Anything involving the karate mouse Mr. Feng.
Were there any boring/slow points?
The action was spread pretty evenly through the movie, except at the end which always has the most action.
See The Nut Job 2: Naughty by Nature
The Nut Job 2: Naughty by Nature is playing at several local theaters. My daughter saw the movie at Quality 16 as part of a birthday party. It is also playing at Cinemark (Rave) and Emagine Saline. Cinemark has the movie in 3D and 2D
Money Saving Tips for Local Movie Theaters
Matinees are your best option for saving money at the movie theaters.
- Quality 16 – 3686 Jackson Rd, Ann Arbor
- Thrifty Ticket Tuesday – $7 all day
- Regular Matinee – $8/Adult, $7.50/Student, $6.75/Child
- Cinemark – 4100 Carpenter Rd, Ypsilanti
- Daily First Matinee – $6 tickets for the first matinee (before 1p) of each movie
- Wednesday – $5.75 all day
- Regular matinee – $8.25/adult, $7.25/child
- Emagine Saline – 1335 E. Michigan Ave, Saline
- Free Small Popcorn on Tuesday (for Rewards Members, free to join)
- Regular Matinee – $6
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Ann Arbor Christmas Movie Schedule – November 24, 2017
- Ann Arbor Christmas Tree Farms – November 23, 2017
- Arbor Annie’s Thanksgiving Weekend Picks November 24-26, 2017 – November 23, 2017