Support School Fundraisers
Recently I was part of a Facebook discussion about sharing Ann Arbor school fundraisers such as restaurant nights, ice cream socials, and other events. I love that my daughter’s school holds restaurant nights as fund raisers. We love eating out and we get to help her school (and see friends) at the same time. The annual ice cream social is also one of our favorite events.
Since we eat out a lot, I’d love to know when and where other schools are having restaurant nights. If I’m eating out anyway, I’d love to help out other schools.
Additionally, there have been some great fundraisers from the high schools. They have found a way to connect to the community at large with family-friendly activities like Brick Bash, Parents Night Outs, Halloween Programming, and more.
How to Share an Event
There are so many schools in the area, so this content will be crowd-sourced. If you would like to add your school’s event, see the details below.
For the initial list, these are the sharing rules:
- Directly benefits any Washtenaw County school, class, or school affiliated club or team. All schools, preschool-12th grade, are eligible including public, charter, and private.
- Restaurant Nights, Ice Cream Socials/County Fairs, Burns Park Run, Theater events, etc are examples of good events to list
- The public is invited to participate in the event
- Must be family friendly – no adults only events like casino nights, wine and cheese, etc.
- Must be one time events that happen locally (no shop online or weeklong events)
- Inclusion is at the discretion of the editor
- Please include the following in your submission:
- Submitters name and email at the top of the form – this is for me to contact you only
- In the description include who the fundraiser benefits example School X PTO OR School Y Science Olympiad Team. Also list this under Organization.
- Link to your event flyer – this must be public
- Public Contact Information if available
Events can be submitted through our event submission form or via email (email@example.com).